Griffin Recruitment is committed to ensuring your privacy through compliance with the Australian Privacy laws.
The Types of Personal Information Held
The types of personal information that we collect and hold may include the following:
- Candidate information including contact details and resumes detailing qualifications and work experience obtained directly from the Candidate and other sources in connection with applications for work;
- Copies of education & training qualifications and results if required, as obtained from the Candidate and other sources;
- Results of competency or skills-based testing;
- Work performance information;
- Information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships.
The Purpose for Holding Your Personal Information
Your personal information will primarily be held for the following:
- To help you in securing permanent, contract or temporary employment;
- To help you in the areas of staff management and/or training requirements;
- Client and business relationship management;
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose.
In some cases we may only disclose information with your consent.
We may disclose your personal information where we are under a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose information.
Third Party Contractors
We contract out a number of services from time to time. As these contractors may see some of your personal information, we take every precaution to ensure this information is used for the sole purpose it was intended, i.e. IT contractors and database designers.
We may also obtain personal information on you from third party contractors in the event we are required to undertake psychometric profiling or competency and skills-based testing for the purpose of assisting you with employment opportunities.
We take every precaution to ensure the security of personal information and as such, it may be stored in either hardcopy or electronic form in a protected environment.
Inquiries and Updating your Details
Inquiries about our privacy policies can be made to our Privacy Co–ordinator. Also, should your personal information change, you may notify the relevant consultant directly to correct that information, or you may contact our Privacy Co-ordinator whose contact details are:
PO Box 682
Spring Hill QLD 4004
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the National Privacy Principles, you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you.
We do refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information.
If you wish to obtain access to your personal information you should contact our Privacy Co-ordinator. You will need to be in a position to verify your identity.
We might impose a moderate charge in providing access. Our Privacy Co-ordinator would discuss these with you.
You should also anticipate that it may take a little time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review information in order to determine what information may be provided.